BY Dave Millward
December 4th, 2020
Following guidance provided by the government and UKactive, we have made changes throughout our facility to help our staff and members adjust to the “new norm”. We would like to highlight some key points on what to expect when our doors reopen again:
Before your visit
- Firstly, please do not visit our facility if you or a member of your household show possible symptoms of COVID-19 or have been told to self-isolate.
- Customers are advised to arrive and leave in gym kit where possible. Please note that showers will be out of use.
- You will be allowed to visit the gym whenever you like, however we do have a reduced maximum capacity. Whilst we do not expect to reach maximum capacity, bookings are advised to avoid disappointed if you plan to visit during busy (peak) periods. Bookings can be made 7 days in advance online (www.oundlefitness.com) and hourly slots will be available.
- Classes will be run at a reduced capacity and we have provided floor markings in the studio. Please note: To clarify, the Rule of 6 does not apply in the fitness environment. Classes will be appropriately socially distanced with each participant having their own allocated workout space. People must not come as a group or commune in spaces.
- We aim to make as many classes available on Zoom for those wishing to take part at home. Our booking policy will give priority of spaces to our members, who will be able to book 7 days in advance (5 days for non-members)
- Please sanitise your hands upon arrival and scan the NHS track and trace QR code before entering the facility.
- Please wait at reception to be admitted by a member of staff, who will check you in. Markings on the floor at reception and outside the entrance will be used to ensure social distancing.
- Temperature checks will be taken on members of staff and customers upon entry.
During your visit
- We ask that members stay a maximum of 1 hour in order to keep the number of members in the gym at any given time low.
- Equipment and machines are spaced apart to minimise contact and to allow for social distancing of users. Only one person is allowed per workout box. We ask that you do your best to maintain a safe gap between you and other members as you move around the gym during your visit..
- In both the gym and studio, we have upgraded our ventilation system to ensure we are COVID-complaint for both safety and comfort of users.
- We have a new outdoor area at the front of the gym and studio, which can be used as exercise space for classes and includes a new functional rig with multiple stations for functional training.
- We have increased the amount of handwashing and sanitisation facilities available around the facility, so you can regularly wash and sanitise your hands during your visit.
- We have increased our frequency of cleaning and disinfection regime.
- Let’s work together to make our facility a safe place to work out and ensure you clean equipment and designated workout areas after each use.
- We discourage partner workouts, unless from the same household. Unfortunately, no spotting is allowed at this time.
Please can we ask that you stay patient with us and other members, particularly where we need to maintain social distancing to keep everyone safe. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and guidance to ensure we are taking adequate measures to ensure the health and safety of all our members and staff.