BY Dave Millward
May 7th, 2021
Indoor classes set to return from 17th May 2021, please follow this link for more details.
All fingers and toes crossed... we will be back open on Monday 12th April 2021 and we can’t wait to welcome you back to our safe fitness environment. Under the government’s planned roadmap out of lockdown, the earliest date we will be able to recommence Indoor classes is 17th May 2021. Until then, we will continue to provide online classes via Zoom.
Outdoor classes such as Bootcamp, Rip-Up and Saturday morning Kettle Fitness will return from the 12th April 2021. An updated timetable is available here.
Until we are able to restart indoor classes, the studio will turn into a makeshift gym, with additional stations and space for our members to use. We appreciate that many of you have missed our most popular spin classes, therefore the spin bikes will also be set out in the studio for use. Our team will be creating weekly virtual spin sessions that will be made available on the big screen in the studio and also to stream on your mobile device via our YouTube channel.
When indoor classes resume, we will continue to make as many classes as possible available on Zoom for those wishing to take part at home.
The same additional safety and hygiene measures will be in place as before lockdown 3.0. We have also made some eco-friendly additions outlined on our website to provide a sustainable way to clean, sanitize and deodorize the gym. Click here for info.
Please can we take this time to remind you of some of the safety measures at our facility and what to expect when visiting us:
Before your visit
- Firstly, do not visit our facility if you or a member of your household show possible symptoms of COVID-19 or have been told to self-isolate.
- Customers are advised to arrive and leave in gym kit where possible.
- You will be allowed to visit the gym whenever you like, however we do have a reduced maximum capacity. Whilst we do not expect to reach maximum capacity, bookings are advised to avoid disappointed if you plan to visit during busy (peak) periods. Bookings can be made 7 days in advance online (www.oundlefitness.com) and hourly slots will be available.
- Our booking policy will give priority of spaces to our members, who will be able to book 7 days in advance (5 days for non-members).
- Please sanitise your hands upon arrival and scan the NHS track and trace QR code before entering the facility.
- Please wait at reception to be admitted by a member of staff, who will check you in.
- Temperature checks will be taken on members of staff and customers upon entry.
During your visit
- We ask that members stay a maximum of 1 hour in order to keep the number of members in the gym at any given time low.
- Users must not come as a group (unless from the same household) or commune in spaces.
- Equipment and machines are spaced apart to minimise contact and to allow for social distancing of users. Only one person is allowed per workout box. We ask that you do your best to maintain a safe gap between you and other members as you move around the gym during your visit.
- Indoor classes will resume (not before 17th May 2021) at a reduced capacity and we have provided floor markings in the studio. Classes will be socially distanced with each participant having their own allocated workout space.
- In both the gym and studio, the ventilation systems have been upgraded to ensure we are COVID-compliant for both safety and comfort of users.
- We have increased the amount of handwashing and sanitisation facilities available around the facility, so you can regularly wash and sanitise your hands during your visit.
- We have increased our frequency of cleaning and disinfection regime.
- We discourage partner workouts, unless from the same household. Unfortunately, no spotting is allowed at this time.
- Let’s work together to make our facility a safe place to work out and ensure you clean equipment and designated workout areas after each use.
Please can we request that you stay patient with us and other members, particularly where we need to maintain social distancing to keep everyone safe. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and guidance to ensure we are taking adequate steps to ensure the health and safety of all our members and staff.
Finally, we’d like to thank you for your support during our closure. We have been delighted to see so many of you getting involved with our online classes. Your enthusiasm has created a real sense of community and this has helped everyone remain positive through these difficult times.
For any enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you all soon :)